Thursday, February 13, 2014

The Long Winter

 Greetings everyone,

It has truly been awhile since I've been here.  Seems like time is flying right by.  It has been nearly six months since I took my new full-time job.  It has given me many ups and some downs, but the work is interesting and I am passionate about promoting the work we do.  However, it does leave me little time for my other pursuits.  So, I am still trying to find a happy balance.  When I get home, it is time to care for the pups, prepare dinner and relax.  I try to pack a whole lot of living in on the weekends!
 We've seen our fair share of storms this winter - a never-ending stream of them, it seems.  So I man my camera and take photos!  This sweet photo of a squirrel and his little feathered friend ended up on the local news this morning!  Of course, I missed it - but my hubby and a few others managed to see it!

 Normally, this time of winter is not my favorite.  But all the wintery white makes everything look so beautiful; however, I will admit that I am looking forward to spring, the sun, and flowers!
I like to roam about the yard searching out natural beauty.  I thought this moss (so surprised it stayed green!) on a broken tree limb covered with snow looked so beautiful.  I've had a lot of fun with my camera this winter, taking photos of critters, birds, landscapes, and whatever else caught my eye.
I also had some health issues recently, from which I am slowly rebounding.  I've taken a renewed interest in whole, healthy foods.  I recently made these amazingly delicious almond butter brownies from Food Babe.  It's hard to find time to prepare healthy meals when you get home late, so I've been searching out easy, delicious and good-for-you meals and snacks that are quick to make.  Working on my health has been a priority, which is one reason why I have not been here much.

I've been slowly working on some art, which I hope to share soon.  I haven't let go of my true passions - just trying to evenly channel all my interests into one happy place!

Glad you have not forgotten about me!  I hope to be back soon!

Til next time,
Theresa

5 comments:

rose of Walk in the Woods, LLC said...

Your photos are beautiful and that moss is amazing. Glad about your rebounding and wish you the absolute best.

I look forward to seeing your creations ~ merry creating!

Miss Bohemia said...

Nice to read your blog post and see the beautiful photos you have taken Theresa. I hope you are able to find a happy balance soon between work/life and being creative. Sorry to hear you are having health issues but I hope you get back to full health soon. Jen x

Magic Love Crow said...

Hello My Friend ;o) Great to see you! Love the photos ;o) You just make sure to take care of yourself and we will be here when you can say hello ;o) You have a busy life! The winter has been long. I have enjoyed it though ;o) I am one of the crazy ones! LOL! Big Hugs ;o)

Incipient Wings said...

great photos!
hope you feel better soon:)

Victoria said...

HI kindred..hugs..haven't been by in a while..hope you are doing well and all is sparkling in your world!
You are very missed in blogland..
Wishing you a beautiful summer
Hugs
Victoia

Thank You for Stopping By!