Monday, March 5, 2012

Checking In!


Hello dear friends!

It truly has been awhile since I posted here and visited with all of you.  Trust me, this was not my intent.  This past week has been so topsy-turvy.  About a week ago, both me and my hubby developed flu-like symptoms.  My poor hubby was so much sicker than I was, so I tried to take on much of our day-to-day tasks while nursing a bad sore throat, intermittent fever, and a runny and sneezy nose.   Less than 12 hours after I first got ill, I woke in the middle of the night and noticed an odd light coming from the floor.  I went to pick it up and realized it was my heating iron that I had accidentally left on.  I seared two of my fingers quite nicely.  Note to self...be careful when handling hot appliances in the middle of the night when you are not fully awake.

A few hours after that, I left my part-time job early because I felt super yucky.  Shortly after I got home, it began to snow, so I decided to take the dogs out before the flakes came down any harder.  On the very first step, I slipped and proceeded to fall down the entire flight of hard wood stairs.  I never let go of the leash, interestingly enough, and managed to drag myself back into the house.  I was in terrible pain and my hubby came running to find out what had happened.  He helped me out of my coat and hat, and we saw that I had banged up my lower back pretty badly.  He set me up with an ice pack and I rested for the duration of the evening.  It was extremely frightening to have no control - and I think I must have tensed my upper body, as my neck and shoulders were a little stiff, too.  Thankfully, I did not hit my head - otherwise a trip to the hospital would have been necessary.  I am most grateful that my body is now healing - but the fall still has me a bit shaken.  All of this happened within 24 hours...on Leap Day.  

But I am HERE and happy to be so.  Thank you all for sticking with me, as I am sure you were most curious as to where I was.  I really meant to be here much sooner.  But between the pain in my back and the cloudiness in my head, I wasn't up to doing much at all for longer intervals of time.  Needless to say, I am now very behind on a great many things - like my art, jewelry, blogging and visits, and so much more.  I'm going to have to kick it into high gear very soon.  

 And I'd also like to say another big thank you for your AMAZING support of my new feature series - Whimsical Wonders!!!!  The support you have shown Stacy is truly outstanding. To those of you who haven't read the interview or entered Stacy's generous giveaway, you can do so right HERE.  Tonight is the very last night to enter.  Tomorrow I will be drawing the names of the four winners, which will be announced here on the blog later in the afternoon.  Much good luck to all!  The next feature is all set  and should be up and running by next Monday.   Want a hint?  It is sure to be scentsational.  ;)

Now what post would be complete without a pretty photo?  These are the very first two crocuses of the year!  Now we have many of them ready to sprout, including the purple variety.  And here's a bit of happy for you to watch...a clip from the Zooey Deschanel-hosted episode of Saturday Night live featuring a new crush of mine - Jean DuJardin of The Artist.  Enjoy!


Til tomorrow,
Theresa

16 comments:

Maggi said...

Oh Theresa! A lot has gone on in such a short amount of time, I so hope you're feeling better! Glad you're back! :D

Queenie Believe said...

A fall down the steps can shake you up pretty bad. I hopeyou are feeling better really soon!
Have a better day.
Always, Queenie

Craftymoose Crafts said...

It is a good thing that leap days only come around once ever 4 years! Not to make light of what happened at all. I am glad you are starting to feel better!

The GIPSY in the PARLOUR said...

Theresa, glad to have you back in 1 piece! We still have snow here in the Northwest Corner of CT... enjoy your first blooms!

Looking forward to see what is scentsational ;-)

Magic Love Crow said...

Theresa, BIG WARM HUGS!!!!! Happy to see you back my friend ;o) I can't wait till next Monday ;o) Please take care of yourself! I am still worried about your lower back! You know what I was thinking, you were lucky a fire didn't start from you heating iron. You are in my thoughts my friend ;o)

Magic Love Crow said...

I forgot to say, great video!!!

Cameron said...

My gosh! I'm so glad you're better! What a turn of events?! Good thing we won't have another Leap Day for 4 more years ;P

Please take care of yourself!
Looking forward to what you have in store for us!

Linda said...

Good morning from Michigan. Nothing growing here yet, still to crispy out. Very pretty flowers. Can't wait till I can see growth. Glad that you are up and about. Please b-safe. Thank you for sharing.

Wendy S. said...

How horrible with all your health issues, Theresa. I'm so glad though that hubby was there for you when you fell. it's definietly a time for rest and recuperation for both of you. Now, you're done with your sickness quota and the rest of the Winter/Spring will be healthy and happy for you. loved the vid!

Victoria said...

HUgs and hugs sweet friend...i truly hope you are feeling better and are aok!Wow..what an eventful cluster..wishing you healing sparkles and bliss!
yay..your flowers are gorgeous..and loved the vid of course..too cute!
Hugs
victoria

Amalia K said...

GOSH! I hope you're feeling better now, Theresa. I think you really had one of "those" days when good luck overslept. I'm sure he's wide awake now (he'd better be!).

**hugs** oxx

brandi said...

~when we fall we fall hard...don't we...nothing simple in our lives...i am so very sorry to be reading all that had happened but relieved you are healing up and on the right path again...i would have been so scared...its no wonder you are still a bit shook up...my poor sweet friend...may march winds blow a warm comforting protective breeze to carry lighter in the days to come...be well my dear friend...much love light and blessings~

Miss Bohemia said...

So sorry that you had a fall - I hope that you are ok and feel better soon - it must have been scary. I'm still bearing a cut knee (luckily that was all) from falling over and into the road a few weeks ago & it really shook me up. Thank you for the great clip - it really made me smile. Sending you lots of well wishes!

Jen x

glitterBugStudios said...

I have been away for a while and come to check in on you and look what I find! Goodness, you have had a rough time as of late. I cringed when I read about your fall. I have done that before and it is so painful. I hope you feel better real soon! I have missed you and I plan on blogging more since I have things to blog about. Take care dear friend.

RobanStudio said...

Oh Theresa, I sooo hope you are feeling better. There's sickness going on in my half of the world too...knock on wood, it hasn't reached our household. Take it easy for a bit. Love your crocus photo. Our Daffodils are just peeking out of the ground. I can't wait! Hugs and blessings~ Rhonda

Storybook Woods said...

Oh my (((Theresa))), you poor thing. I wish I was there to cook for you. You be extra good to yourself this weekend xox Clarice

Thank You for Stopping By!